Please Join With Us in Celebrating Our 35th Year as the Association that Represents Registered Family Child Care Providers in Maryland!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
MSFCCA Needs Your Help!!
The Maryland State Family Child Care Association (MSFCCA) is looking for registered family child care providers with specific skill sets to fill vacant leadership positions within the organization. MSFCCA is an all-volunteer association that represents registered family child care providers in all aspects of the profession. Association growth and success is a must to continue the work we have outlined in our mission statement. If you are a registered family child care provider, are an advocate for your profession, and have strong organizational and/or secretarial skills, we need your expertise to help us run the association more efficiently. These skills are needed in more than one area, so multiple volunteers are being sought.
MSFCCA is also specifically looking for providers who have experience in marketing and/or public relations as well as an interest in fundraising. MSFCCA has lots of ideas to utilize skills such as these but needs volunteers with expertise to successfully implement these projects.
Our purpose of “providers helping providers” is the key to our success and we need your help!
Please contact any member of the Board of Directors and they can point you in a direction that might interest you. Thank you!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Sign up for email alerts from MSFCCA – Click Here
If you order items from AMAZON.COM, please sign up for AMAZON SMILE. AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
Please take a second, sign up and select MSFCCA as your charity of choice so that your state association can receive $$ to continue working on your behalf.
**NOTE: Make sure after you sign up you always go to AmazonSmile instead of just Amazon to order your items.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A HUGE Congratulations to Jennifer Nizer on her NEW position of MSDE’s Director of Office of Child Care!! Maryland State Family Child Care Association looks forward to working with her!! We have heard many great things about her and her leadership skills. It’s going to be amazing to work with her and all of the other fantastic advocates in Maryland in the coming years!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Early Childhood Care & Learning Priorities Agenda
January 2018 - Click Here
Anne Arundel Child Care Connections 2018 Conference "Raising the Bar, The Early Childhood Professional" April 14, 2018 - Registration
- Maryland EXCELS Training Group for February/March - Click Here
- Most Recent Partners Newsletter - Click Here
- Criminal Background Check FAQ's - Courtesy of MSCCA
- Fingerprinting Update - Fingerprinting Dates Chart, NCJ Applicant Privacy Rights , Billing Statement for Fingerprinting Reimbursement .
- NAFCC Federal Policy Agenda - Click Here
- Family Child Care Association of Montgomery County 2019 Conference, March 16, 2019 - Click Here for Save-the-Date.
- Maryland Family Network Child Care Brochure - Click Here
- The Maryland EXCELS Toolkit has been released - Click Here
- Early Childhood Connections Conference - Saturday, April 7, 2018 - Click Here
- Maryland EXCELS Participation Numbers - Click Here
- Maryland EXCELS Quality Assurance Regional Specialists (updated 2/18) - Click Here
- The Developmental Screening deadline has been changed. There is no new target date yet but we have been told it will not be in the next round of Regulations. However, they are not going away, just delayed. For those of you who are already doing screenings please continue to offer this beneficial service to the children and families you serve.
- Maryland Child Care Credential Booklet - Click Here
- Basic Health & Safety Training - Click Here. The deadline for completion is July 1, 2017, however you will not be cited in non-compliance if you have a plan for completing the class.
- CACFP Meal Updates - Infants Child & Adult
- MSDE Family Engagement Toolkit - Click Here
- New 2017 Kindergarten Readiness Data has been released - Click Here
- Forms needed for the Providers Right to request a Review of Findings - 1 2 3 4
- The Family Child Care Association of Montgomery County, Inc. "Naptime News" - Click Here
- The new Family Child Care Registration Manual - Click Here
- "Family child care advocacy made a big difference in 2016"
- Ready at Five Family Engagement Website - Click Here
- Providers who are EXCELS participants can receive PAU's for Credentialing for the things on this list. - Click Here
- Join MSFCCA on Facebook
- NAFCC: Child Care Development Block Grant - Click Here
- Administration for Children and Families Office of Child Care Brief - Click Here
- Click Here for a link to view the the Joint Committee on Children Youth and Families meetings that are taking place this summer and fall.
- The updated Guide to Regulated Care - Click Here
- American Academy of Pediatrics Immunization Report - Click Here
- Fyi from MSDE: Summary for Licensing Branch
- Family Child Care Brief from the Federal Government - Click Here
- LOCATE Child Care Provider Brochure - Click Here
- Approved Online Training Organizations (Updated 4/16) - Click Here
- See attached press release about MSDE's new early childhood website - Click Here
- Click Here to visit the General Accounting Division (GAD). You can sign up for an account to sign in and find out any payments that you have and will receive from the state of Maryland during a specified period.
On January 30, 2015, at the winter quarterly meeting, Theresa Rivers, the MSFCCA President presented Debbie Moore, a long time member and early childhood advocate, with an award for her outstanding work in Public Policy. Debbie, who is now a Senior Policy Analyst at the Maryland Family Network, has shared with many how special her connection is to family child care after being a Registered provider herself for a few years. Debbie continues her close relationship with MSFCCA where her wisdom and knowledge of policy issues are invaluable to our members. Congratulations Debbie and we hope you will remain a close colleague and mentor to family child care providers for many years to come.
- MSDE's Early Childhood Family Engagement Project - Click Here Click on the following to learn how you can earn 1 PAU - 1 2
- A special presentation on behalf of MSFCCA was made at the fall quarterly meeting to Mr. Steve Rohde, the Deputy Director of Resource and Referral Services at Maryland Family Network. Mr. Rohde has been a friend and constant source of support to MSFCCA and its members, as well as an dedicated advocate of the family child care profession. Thank you Steve!
- A Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to Maryanne Lazarchick, a Registered Family Child Care Provider in Montgomery County at the recent 2014 Conference. MSFCCA was founded in 1983 and Maryanne has supported the association since the beginning. She has consistently served in a leadership position on the Board of Directors as well as in her local association, the Montgomery County Family Child Care Association. Known as a friend to all, Maryanne has mentored many providers and served hundreds of families throughout the years. Her husband, "Hun" as he is affectionately known, has helped alongside Maryanne at the annual Conference and is a valued friend to the child care community as well. A Scholarship in honor of Maryanne has been established by MSFCCA, that will offer a free conference registration each year to one first time attendee. Congratulations Maryanne on your commitment to a career that has truly served others and made a difference to so many.
- Congratulations to Donna Fowler, who was honored at the 2014 MSFCCA Conference for her dedicated service to the Maryland State Family Child Care Association. Ms. Fowler’s tireless efforts on behalf of children and providers in Maryland has helped family child care remain a valued part of the early childhood community in Maryland. Her work with MSFCCA for many years has focused on public policy to increase quality and promote professional development among providers. Ms. Fowler, who now works for Teaching Strategies, as a Regional Training Associate, serves as the Vice President of the National Association for Family Child Care and still remains a valued advocate and friend to MSFCCA.
- The Maryland State Department of Education(MSDE) has announced that the date which all programs that receive child care subsidy reimbursements have to be enrolled in Maryland EXCELS has been delayed. Due to the regulatory process and the inability to publish the regulations by the original date of January 1, 2015, the deadline has been moved to June 29, 2015.